The NEMO System Team (NST) is a team of developers charged with the development, distribution and support of the shared NEMO reference.
Role and Responsibilities
The NST organises and carries out the work to develop, distribute and support NEMO, including:
- Implementation of new developments
- Re-organisation of code to improve its readability, orthogonality or structure
- Optimisation of NEMO on the computers available to the consortium
- Validation of developments
- Quality control of the code and the developments
- Documentation (within the code and on-line via the User Guide and Reference Manuals)
- Distribution of official releases
- Curatorship of the Reference Configurations, with their input and validation files
The NST developers also support users directly whenever possible, including:
- Providing support to projects on the use of NEMO and its reference configurations
- Support for user meetings (currently in the form of a dedicated session at the EGU conference)
- Advice and assistance on scientific developments; especially with a view to improve the compatibility and sustainability of external contributions.
NEMO System Team members
The NEMO System Team is primarily composed of experts from the institutions of the NEMO Consortium who dedicate a portion of their time to NEMO development. The team is also open to experts willing to undertake a specific development task. Sustainable code development in the field of climate modelling requires multiple expertise and additional time to ensure that each new development fulfills the scientific objective along with meets quality standards.
The 2023 NEMO System Team members are shown below:
How to contact us:
The NST is available via the NEMO user forum.