A module is available to compute the amplitude and phase of tidal waves. This on-line Harmonic analysis is actived with key_ diaharm. Some parameters are available in namelist namdia_harm :
- nit000_han is the first time step used for harmonic analysis
- nitend_han is the last time step used for harmonic analysis
- nstep_han is the time step frequency for harmonic analysis
- nb_ana is the number of harmonics to analyse
- tname is an array with names of tidal constituents to analyse
nit000_han and nitend_han must be between nit000 and nitend of the simulation. The restart capability is not implemented.
The Harmonic analysis solve the following equation:
With ,,, the amplitude, frequency and phase for each wave and the error.
is the sea level for the time and is the mean sea level.
We can rewrite this equation:
We obtain in output and for each tidal wave.
Gurvan Madec and the NEMO Team
NEMO European Consortium2017-02-17