NEMO release nemo_v3_6_STABLE available
Announcement of nemo_v3_6_STABLE release
NEMO v3_6_STABLE release
Up to now, the stable NEMO release was 3_4_STABLE.
From now on a new 3_6_STABLE release is available.
This release will be used by all CMIP6 experiments using NEMO (CERFACS, CMCC, EC_EARTH, Hadley Centre, IPSL)
It includes all developments from 3_4_STABLE, i.e. 3_5, 3_6_beta, including the new XIOS IO system and some new features.
For all users, it is strongly suggested to move to this new stable release of NEMO:
- If you are using 3_4_STABLE now, because this release will now become gradually obsolete
- If you are using the NEMO trunk (3_5, 3_6...) because 3_6_STABLE is now the up to date version which will be supported, whereas the trunk will be useed from now on for future developments and major (and probably unstable) simplifications.
Quick start guide
is available here: http://www.nemo-ocean.eu/Using-NEMO/User-Guides/Basics/NEMO-Quick-Start-Guide .
This page also describes simple way to update an existing application (see Update section).
Please note that xios-1.0 is needed.
Main new features
for details, see http://www.nemo-ocean.eu/History-and-Release-notes):
- Coupled interface for next IPCC requirements (multi category sea-ice, calving and iceberg module)
- Runoff improved and SBC with BGC
- Solar flux filtering at daily frequency to force BGC component
- Major evolution of LIM sea-ice model (including LIM3 in mono category, i.e. similar to LIM2)
- On line coarsening of ocean I/O
- Ocean and ice allowed to be explicitly coupled through OASIS, using StandAlone Surface module)
- First steps of wave coupling
- MPI optimisation
- XIOS new IO system
- Standard Fox Kemper parametrisation
- Atmospheric forcing at land-ocean interface
- Open boundaries: completion of BDY/OBC merge
- Solved 2 time stepping issues
- Faster split-explicit time stepping, Z-tilde ALE coordinates, implicit bottom friction
- First version of Configuration Manager
- Standalone OBS component and improvements in OBS&ASM
Features becoming obsolete:
- LIM2 (replaced by LIM3 monocategory)
3_6_STABLE has been validated as usual :so-called SETTE tests (restartability and reproducibility an each of the reference configurations (http://www.nemo-ocean.eu/Using-NEMO/Configurations) and appropriate validations of all new developments.
Details on validation can be found here: http://www.nemo-ocean.eu/Developing-with-NEMO/Validation/nemo-v3.6_STABLE-Validation
A few associated development branches will remain aside, at least until full validation. Those developement branches listed below will be kept up to date with 3_6_STABLE. A project needing one or more of these branches will have to
- Extract 3_6_STABLE as usual
- Locally merge the needed development branch with 3_6_STABLE :
svn merge http://forge.ipsl.jussieu.fr/nemo/svn/branches/<em>"name_of_the_branch"</em>
List of associated branches
- On line coarsening of biogeochemistry: https://forge.ipsl.jussieu.fr/nemo/browser/branches/2015/dev_r5003_MERCATOR6_CRS/NEMOGCM